Saturday, December 31, 2011

Straight Hair // Length Check!


What's the point of two whole weeks out of school if I can't play with my daughter's hair right? Lol. So for fun, for a length check, and because I've never tried it before, I decided to straighten her hair! I washed it and banded it on Thursday and left it banded overnight so it could dry. Here are a couple of pictures:




Then I removed the bands on Friday and flat ironed each section on very low heat. I used a heat protection spray by ion as well as some grapeseed oil to help protect her hair from heat damage. Skye adores her straight hair, I don't think I've ever seen her flip it so much! But I told her that even though her hair looks cute straight, I like her curls better:) I am happy that her ends don't look as scraggly as I thought they would, I'll probably clip them a little bit but not too much...then we'll go back to a protective style next week.

Sorry so blurry, but I wanted to show a close up of the before/after!



I plan to do this again in 6 months in hopes that we will see a lot of growth! Thanks for reading and Happy New Year to you all:)

2 comments: