Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Hurr!!


So sorry for the lack of posts, I've been adjusting to working full-time and going back to school full time as well. Anywho, I enjoy blogging and I hope to start posting more and more!

We took the mini twists down about two weeks ago, so we kept them for a total of 7 weeks (I think) and they looked like they'd been in for about 3 months, lol. After the mini twists, I put in some flat twists in the front with medium sized twists in the back, and that lasted for about two weeks. I really love the protective styles and we will probably do another one before she gets out of school for the summer. On to the Easter hurr...

I ended up doing a fairly simple style. I removed the medium twists, flat-ironed her hair (a little!) and trimmed her ends, then I put in the flexirod rollers. They make the prettiest little curls! I redid the flat twists in the front so they looked fresh, and used rubberbands to hold them in place. Skye really loved the way her hair turned out!



It's getting pretty tough dealing with the two textures now that she has soooo much new growth. We may consider doing the BIG CHOP in a few months! But then again, as long as I take my time and keep it moisturized maybe I can continue transitioning without the BC. I will definitely keep you guys posted!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! If you do decide to do the big chop maybe waiting for summer break and having shorter hair for the summer will be cooler. Hair tends to grow faster in warm weather so you will see some growth by the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, I will definitely keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete