Sunday, May 6, 2012

Protective Style Challenge Week 1: Mini Twists!



Okay, so I told you guys that we're participating in the Beads, Braids and Beyond Protective Style Challenge and this post is about how I styled her hair this time around. I washed and detangled her hair on Thursday night (4/26), banded the roots, and twisted the rest. This is what her hair looked like when I started styling it on Saturday (4/27):




Here's a closer look at the two different textures that I'm dealing with. I am so proud of all of the new growth coming in and I really can't wait until she's 100% natural!




I initially planned on doing box braids, to try something new...but I didn't like how they were coming out. See below how they're bending and being weird:




 So I started over, and still wanting to try something new, I braided her hair about a half inch down then I started twisting. The result is below:




 I finished the twists on the Sunday night, finally, and I think that since I braided the roots they will last a little longer so we'll leave them in for about 6 weeks! These pics are from Monday, after school:



I've just been using African Royale Braid Spray (same as I use on my hair) to moisturize daily. And I also use a little Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and coconut oil on her ends every few days, depending on how dry they look/feel.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the two textures. Making those straight ends curly can become quite tedious. I love the braid styles.

    ReplyDelete