Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mini Twists

Hi all! Just wanted to update you on how Skye's teeny, tiny mini twists came out. I made them a bit smaller than I usually do in hopes that they will last at least six weeks. As you may know from Friday's post, I washed and banded her hair on Thursday and put in a leave-in conditioner (Kimmaytube's recipe). I started on Friday night, using a little Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk on each twist. It took about two hours on Friday, then four hours on Saturday, and five more on Sunday...with long breaks here and there of course. Her ends were a little scraggly and frizzy so I had to spray them with water to get them to curl up some. Usually her hair curls up a lot more after the first shampoo with the twists in, so the ends will probably look curlier after I wash her hair on Saturday. I think I'll look into some deep conditioners or protein treatments or something to help her ends because they always tend to look kind of frizzy and dry. Anywho, I posted pictures below of the twists and some close-ups of her ends after I clipped them. Thanks for reading!!







No comments:

Post a Comment