Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Skye's Style for the Week - Twist Out

Skye will be taking school pictures today and I wanted her to have her hair out, so we decided to go with a trusty old twist out with a few flat twists in the front for this week's style. I actually borrowed this style from this Beads, Braids, and Beyond post.

Skye has two different textures in her hair and I like to stretch out the tighter curls by using the banding technique...which is explained beautifully here. I just use one ouchless ponytail holder and wrap it around 3 times at the base of each section, since that is where the tighter curls are. Then I just twist each section down to the ends. I used Shea Moisture's Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk, this was my first time trying this product from the line and I really liked it.

These are my favorite ponytail holders to use right now. I got them from Family Dollar for only $1 for 36! I love shopping there for cute and cheap hair accessories!




I added 3 flat twists i the front, using rubberbands to hold them in place. Then I just banded and twisted each section.





I left the twists in overnight, then in the morning I just removed the bands and separated the twists, then added a bow on the opposite side of the flat twists!



2 comments: